Monday 3 February 2020

Great Vegetarian Nachos

It was an amazing Super Bowl and also amazing nachos!!!  These vegetarian nachos started with a layer of restaurant style nachos, next a layer of vegetarian chili! The chili that I made included canned tomatoes, celery, kidney beans, onions, garlic, carrots & zucchini, but you could use any combination of your choice.  The important addition is chill powder, added when you are cooking the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in olive oil before adding the rest of the ingredients. I used about a tablespoon but you could add a little at a time to taste! I used about 2 cups of chili ( you can freeze the rest)  Next add salsa, olives and jalapeño peppers!  I used a couple of fresh jalapeños that I seeded and then sliced thin!  Lastly add a layer of shredded cheese!  Repeat with another layering of nachos and the same layering.  Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes!  Enjoy!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mustard Crusted Salmon paired with Cave Springs Chardonnay

As part of the cool climate chardonnay collection of recipes I decided to try Chefs Steve & Jaqueline Del Col"s mustard crusted sal...