Sunday 19 January 2020

Amazing Flourless Oat Bran Blueberry Muffins

There is nothing like a delicious muffin to go with your morning coffee, especially when it is actually good for you!!!!  I found the most incredible muffin recipe that uses oat bran cereal (be sure not to use wheat bran) I used Bob's Red Mill oat bran cereal, but you could also use Quaker!  The recipe calls for 2 cups oat bran, !/4 cup brown sugar (I used demerara), 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup milk, 1 egg,  2 tablespoons vegetable oil (the recipe also called for 1/4 cup of honey which I omitted, as I didn't want them to be that sweet) 1 cup frozen blueberries.   Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and while the oven was heating I had mixed my muffins, ready to put in paper baking cups!  Mix the dry ingredients and then add milk, beaten egg, oil and blueberries!  Bake for approximately 20 minutes!  Next time I will make a double batch as they are that good and freeze well!!  Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mustard Crusted Salmon paired with Cave Springs Chardonnay

As part of the cool climate chardonnay collection of recipes I decided to try Chefs Steve & Jaqueline Del Col"s mustard crusted sal...