Wednesday 1 January 2020

Fresh Spring Rolls (A New Year Healthy Choice)

Fresh spring rolls with a favourite peanut sauce is my go to appetizer for many special occasions!!
At a recent Christmas celebration I was asked to put my spring roll recipe on my blog.  I have to admit I have been very negligent in the past year re updating my blog with recent travels etc.  My NewYear's resolution is to update my blog on a regular basis, starting with today!!!!
Ingredients for spring rolls
1 package of spring roll rice wrappers (found in the Asian section)
Vermicelli noodles (I don't always use, as there is plenty of rice in the wrappers)
Fresh veggies (carrots, peppers, cucumbers, etc. cut into thin strips
Mixed greens or arugula
Chopped green onion
Moisten the rice wrapper in warm water for a few seconds to soften, I like to blot on a clean tea towel
Start by placing a few pieces of lettuce about one-third from the bottom of the wrapper
Add the remaining ingredients,
Gently pull the bottom of the wrapper over the filling! Roll tightly folding in the ends like a burrito!
If not using right away, place in a container and cover with a damp cloth
You can also vary the fillings, using shrimp instead of veggies or mango strips, they are delicious!
As for the peanut dipping sauce, you can make your own or as I do buy the bottled sauces (they are great)   Enjoy!!!!
I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and a Special New Decade!!!





1 comment:

  1. They look incredibly delicious Joan! I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing and a happy 2020 to you!

    ReplyDelete

Mustard Crusted Salmon paired with Cave Springs Chardonnay

As part of the cool climate chardonnay collection of recipes I decided to try Chefs Steve & Jaqueline Del Col"s mustard crusted sal...