Tuesday 25 July 2017

The Many Benefits of the Ancient Grain Farro!!!!!

Farro was a diet staple in ancient Rome, it was even used as currency!  Farro also packs 7 grams of fibre in a 1/4 cup (dry) serving...I love it in a salad with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, topped with lemon juice and olive oil!  I first had farro in Italy and brought back several bags home with me. Since then I have been able to find it at a specialty food store (Vincenzo's).  Be sure to purchase the semi pearled farro!  It is an excellent source of protein, magnesium and iron as well as fibre!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mustard Crusted Salmon paired with Cave Springs Chardonnay

As part of the cool climate chardonnay collection of recipes I decided to try Chefs Steve & Jaqueline Del Col"s mustard crusted sal...