Wednesday 21 June 2017

Grow What You Love!!!!!

 My favourite Summer salad is Caprese ( named after the island of Capri ). The key ingredients are vine ripened tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and olive oil with just a touch of balsamic vinegar!!!  Having fresh basil on hand can be a challenge but not if you have a basil plant!!!  I have mine on my balcony and it will continue to give me basil all Summer, as long as I keep it well trimmed ( that is not a problem for me as I use it several times a week ).  I also like to have fresh chives, rosemary, thyme and oregano as well.  On this first day of Summer enjoy the taste of fresh herbs at your fingertips!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mustard Crusted Salmon paired with Cave Springs Chardonnay

As part of the cool climate chardonnay collection of recipes I decided to try Chefs Steve & Jaqueline Del Col"s mustard crusted sal...