Monday 1 May 2017

What to do when your Fitness Band Breaks!!!

I like to give myself a self-imposed goal of walking at least 6000 steps a day.  I have always used a fitness band to track my steps....yesterday my band broke!!!!  While searching the web for a replacement band,  I found out that I can use my iPhone the same way that I use a fitness band!!! If you have an iPhone 5 or newer there is already a sensor that detects and measures motion....it can efficiently and precisely measure how many steps you are taking.  I also downloaded a free app called pedometer++.....it displays a step data in a very clear fashion using a bar graph.  The taller the bar, the more steps you have.  It also lets you set up a daily step goal...your bar will show in red, turn orange if you get closer and green once you've reached your goal!!  This really works for me as I use my iPhone as my primary phone and always have it with me!  I also love the fact that I don't need to wear a wrist band anymore and I don't need to be concerned that my steps aren't counting if my arm is not moving, like when I am carrying a parcel etc. Also the best part, it is free!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mustard Crusted Salmon paired with Cave Springs Chardonnay

As part of the cool climate chardonnay collection of recipes I decided to try Chefs Steve & Jaqueline Del Col"s mustard crusted sal...