Saturday 9 June 2018

Apulia Market and Orecchiette

A beautiful morning in Apulia, strolling through the market, seeing the most beautiful artichokes I have ever seen and watching the local women making orecchiette pasta (which in Italian means little ears).  It was fascinating watching the women rolling the fresh pasta dough, cutting off small pieces and then press with their thumbs to make the little ears.  I definitely want to make this at home (I will let you know in a later blog how I make out).  This typical southern Italian pasta is served very aldente with a basic tomato sauce, often garnished with rapini!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mustard Crusted Salmon paired with Cave Springs Chardonnay

As part of the cool climate chardonnay collection of recipes I decided to try Chefs Steve & Jaqueline Del Col"s mustard crusted sal...